Last updated May 2014
- A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from users or visitors who are under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected Personal Data from a child under 13, we will take steps to delete such information from our records as soon as possible.
- Types of Data We Collect. “Personal Data” means data that allow someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
(a) Information You Provide to Us. If you contact us via email, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other data included in the e-mail. If you register and use the Software, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other data included in the registration process. We also collect any information uploaded or otherwise input by you while using the Software and Services, including, but not limited to, information related to medications you are taking and other health-related information. (b) Information Collected via Technology.
(ii) We currently use Google Analytics. Google Analytics collects information anonymously and reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. Analytics uses its own cookie to track visitor interactions. Website owners can view a variety of reports about how visitors interact with their website so they can improve their website and how people find it. Please see the following links for more information about Google Analytics: http://www.google.com/privacy.html and http://www.google.com/analytics/tos.html.
- Use of Your Personal Data
(a) General Use. We use your Personal Data in the following ways: (i) to identify you as a user in our system; (ii) to improve our Site, Software and Services; (iii) to provide the Services you request; (iv) to send you administrative e-mail or other notifications; (v) to respond to your inquiries; and (vi) to send you newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to Proteus products and services, including, but not limited to, the Site, Software and Services (“Promotional Emails”). (b) Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve the performance of the Software and the Site. Proteus reserves the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in its sole discretion.
(a) Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers: to provide you with the Site, Software and Services; to conduct quality assurance testing; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to Proteus. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by Proteus.
- Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Data
(b) Deletion of Personal Data. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, but please note that we may be required to keep this information and not delete it under applicable law (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may retain your information for fraud avoidance or similar purposes. Following any deletion request, we may retain data related to your account (i) in aggregate form, and use and share such aggregate data for our business purposes, and (ii) in case you want to reactivate your account at some point in the future.
- Security of Your Personal Data. Proteus is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while Proteus uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, Proteus cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Proteus Digital Health, Inc.
Attention: Privacy Department
2600 Bridge Parkway, Suite 101
Redwood City, CA 94065
- Trademarks. All trademarks, logos and service marks (“Marks”) displayed on the Site are our property or the property of other third parties. You are not permitted to use these Marks without our prior written consent or the consent of such third party which may own the Marks.
- Modification. Proteus reserves the right to modify, at any time, the Site Content or to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Site or any part thereof with or without notice. You agree that Proteus will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification of the Site Content or modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site.
- Feedback. Proteus will treat any feedback, suggestions, or other submissions (“Feedback”) you provide to Proteus as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Thus, in the absence of a written agreement with Proteus to the contrary, you agree that you will not submit to Proteus any Feedback that you consider to be confidential or proprietary. Proteus will be entitled to use your Feedback for any commercial or other purpose whatsoever without paying any compensation to you.
- Third Party Links. The Site may contain links to other web sites operated by third parties. Such third party web sites are not under the control of Proteus. Proteus is not responsible for the content of any third party web site or any link contained in a third party web site. Proteus provides these links only as a convenience and does not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to third party web sites.
- Warranty Disclaimer. PROTEUS IS PROVIDING THE SITE AND THE SITE CONTENT ON AN “AS IS” BASIS FOR USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. PROTEUS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, AND QUIET ENJOYMENT. PROTEUS DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SITE CONTENT OR THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE. INFORMATION AT THIS SITE MAY NOT BE CURRENT AT THE MOMENT YOU VISIT THIS SITE AND MAY CONTAIN ERRORS.
- Forward looking information. Some of the statements on this Site are forward looking. Such statements are inherently subject to known and unknown risks and uncertainties, including scientific, business, economic and financial factors and other factors that may cause actual results, performance or achievements of Proteus and affiliates to be materially different from those expected or anticipated in the forward-looking statements. Proteus has no responsibility to update the forward-looking statements contained in this site to reflect events or circumstances occurring after the date of publication. You must not rely on this information for investment decisions.
If you have any questions about the foregoing, please contact us at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.